This privacy statement is provided so that you are aware of how we obtain, use, interact, reveal, and otherwise use personal information.
How We Access Your Information
We access your information, if you:
- Create a nibox wallet or agent account
- Use any of our services on the Kiosk, App, POS or web
- Contact us or our support team
- Complete our online forms
Nibox does not share your personal information with unauthorized individuals, except as provided herein, and sufficient protections have been placed in place to avoid unauthorized access and ensure the security of your personal information.
Legal Basis of Data Collecting and Processing
The following are the legal bases on which we collect your data and process your Personal Information:
- Consent: by using our Services, you consent to us gathering your Personal Information
- We have a contractual obligation: without your Personal Information, we cannot provide our Services to you
- We have a legal obligation: to ensure we are fully compliant with all applicable Financial legislations we collect and store your Personal Information
- We protect against fraud by checking your identity with your Personal Information
The Data that We Collect About You
Certain forms of identification data like Name, Email, Telephone Numbers, Transactional numbers, address etc. are collected and processed by Nibox. This we do while complying with the appropriate regulations, rules and data protection laws to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure.
We Use Your Personal Information for the Following Purposes:
1. Confirm information and identity to serve you properly
2. Gather and analyze data to create products and services
3. Fraud detection, mitigation, and minimization
4. Proper record keeping and dispute resolution
5. Make enhancements to functionality, features, and contents
6. Ensure that our website is used properly
7. Verify the accuracy of the details and your identity
8. Any other purpose we may disclose to you in the course of our relationship with you
Type of Information We Collect:
- Contact Information: such as name, address, email address, phone number, device information etc. that can be used to contact you
- Identity data: information to aid identity like your full names, date of birth etc. to serve you properly
- Payment transactional data: payment-related details when you use our products or services as an agent or as a customer
- Documents for Identification: ID cards, Passport photograph (if applicable) and any other registration details you can provide to demonstrate your eligibility to use Nibox services
- Financial data: information given by financial institutions when we operate on their behalf, such as date, personal account number, agent’s name and location, transaction sum and other information
- Log information: Information such as log-in information, location, unique user identifier are recorded on our servers
Data Security and Retention
We have controls in place to secure the Personal Information you provide or what we obtain from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, misuse, or alteration. Nibox is concerned about the protection of your personal information. Keep your password confidential and do not share with anyone. Our servers are secured with firewalls and are data encrypted. We maintain your Personal Data if your agency relationship with us ends, and we do so in accordance with the applicable restriction laws.
Sharing Updates and Marketing Communication
We may occasionally share marketing contents with you and pass information about our products, services or surveys using your information at our disposal. We may also ask you for permission to send notifications to you. You have the choice to opt out from the marketing content.
Personal Information Disclosure
In some certain circumstances, we may share personal information with Staff, Agents, affiliates, service providers, etc. They include:
- With your consent and authorization, we share Personal Information with third parties and others
- In the event that Nibox is involved in acquisition, sale or merger. We will notify you before information is shared
- We consider that processing and disclosure of such information is necessary to:
- Protect Nibox, its agents & users or the public in general as required or permitted by law against imminent harm to safety, rights & property
- Detect, prevent, Investigate fraud or other related issues
- Respond to any Legal requirement and governmental request
- Enforce the Terms of Service
Cookies help us identify you as a User and enhance your user experience. It aids in the reduction and prevention of fraud, ensure your account is secured, and as well as to foster a sense of confidence and security on our website. Cookies allow our servers to keep track of web traffic, website visitation dates and times, IP addresses and prevent fraudulent activities. Some browsers allow cookies automatically, while others can be configured to reject cookies or notify you when a website wishes to place one on your device. If you want to disable cookies, you can. However, this could have an effect on how you use our website.
Age Limit Restrictions
Our website and solutions are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information, transact business with or offer services to children under the age of 18.
The laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will be used to interpret and regulate these Terms of Service.
You agree that by using Nibox services, some of your personal information can be shared with anyone from whom you transact with on the Nibox platform as well as any third parties involved in the service's operation, including, but not limited to banks and partners.
Should you have any questions about this privacy statement, kindly can contact us via our customer help line +2347042022113 or by email to [email protected]